Extending Exit Re-Entry Visa After Expiry

Here in this Article we present a detailed online method that lets you provide an extension to the family/relatives Exit Re-Entry Visa after the expiration date. There are many adjoining factors in this case so you have to be positive that all the boxes are checked before the process is executed.

The first step here is to clear out if the dependent whose Exit Re-Entry has to be extended is legal to be back in Kingdom. For this you have to consider two points; the Iqama of the dependent has to be valid by checking the expiration date on it and then check the expiry date on the Exit Re-Entry.

According to the Saudi Law any Iqama holder(expatriate) is allowed to visit the Kingdom after the expiry of the Exit Re-Entry within 7 months given the Iqama has to be valid and legal.

Procedure for extending the Exit Re-Entry after expiry:

1. Visit the link https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/visaServices/OtherPersonsServices and click over to the ‘Apply the renewal Visa Online’.

2. Fill the details and attest the print out taken of the details from the Chamber of Commerce.

3. The process will be in place and you will be provided with an application number for reference use.

4. Submit an application to MOI that explains and requests the above demands to be fulfilled. Mention details such as your application number, Name of the dependent, Passport Number. Your name and ID details and relation with the dependent. This application also has to be attested by the Chamber of Commerce.

5. Their site allows you to check the application status online and keep you in track until it’s processed.

6. If you are unable to do so, visit the office in a week’s time to check the progress. After the approval, provide MOFA with a printout and your original Iqama and submit the earlier written application to them for approval causes. Again here you may check the progress on the matter by visiting their site online and using your reference details/application number.

7. The next step is to prepare another letter in the name of Saudi Embassy of the country where your dependent resides. The letter will explain the details and ask them to approve that the dependent has wished to extend the period by staying and allowing him/her to visit the Kingdom. This letter has to have the format and details of how to explain from the agents outside Jawazat offices.

8. This letter has to be signed by your Employer and you for further processing.

9. The next step is to get the letter to the Saudi Embassy stamped by the Chamber of Commerce of the city where you reside.

  • Boyet

    I think we have to distinguish which exit/re-entry-visa is to be extended after expiry. There are different procedure for applying for extension of exit/re-entry visa which has expired. 1) For working visa – when the worker is on vacation and he/she did not come back after its expiry due to some emergency, it is the employer that will apply for extension of re-entry visa. 2) For a person on visit visa – it is the person himself that is going to apply for extension of visa while inside KSA. 3) For person on family visa – when the dependent wanted to extend the re-entry visa after it expires, then both the sponsor and the dependent.
    As I understand from the above article, it pertains to extension of exit/re-entry visa of a person under a family visa.

  • Mohsin Shaukat

    Hello. I need to know about the exit re-entry visa from KSA. I want to have the exit re-entry for my dependents for about 8 months from this date. The iqama will be expiring after about 9 months fron this date. 1. Can I issue the ERE visa for this duration? If yes, do I need to visit the jawazat for it?


  • Md Jawad

    Hello, My family is in india & exit re-entry is going to be expired on 02-may-2016. but today my iqama is renewed along with my family and it expired date is 17-09-2017. Is it possible to bring my family after exit re-entry expired. i have planned to bring my family on Nov- 2016.

    • Mallesh

      Hello Jawad, I read in one of the blogs that the exist re-entry can be extended for maximum of 360 days stay outside the KSA. If they are already outside for 100 days then you can extend it for 260 more days.
      BTW, My family is in India now, I need to renew my Iqama and family’s in June . You mentioned that your family’s Iqama is renewed along with yours though they are not in KSA. Could you please explain the process for it. Do we need to hand over the original Iqama’s family along with mine to the Sponsor?

      • Md Jawad

        yes, it’s possible to renew dependent iqama along with your iqama. Just, inform to your HR. He can easily renew online. here, Original iqama is not required.

        and also please share some more information about Extension of exit re-entry because my wife exit re-entry is expired. procedure on blog is very difficult & complicated. Is any new rule without any document. Can we extend this ? pls advise.

        • maf

          Dear Brother Jawad

          Did you managed to renew the exit reentry visa for your family?
          Iam also in similar situation, please share it with me if you can.


          • Md Jawad

            i am going to cancel the iqama and re applying the new visa

          • maf

            Why.. It is not possible to renew the reentry visa?

    • Mohammed

      Hello Md Jawed,
      I have a same issue of extending visa of my family. Iam confused about the right process. Can you please share your email id or mobile number if have extended the visa. ? I would really appreciate if you kindly share the info.


  • Waseem Ahmad

    i am just looking the procedure how to extend exit re-entry visa before expire, my family in India now and exit reentry visa will be expire after 15 days , how i can extend this visa.

    • naveed alam

      Dear Waseem bro.
      did you find any solution? If yes, please let me know.

    • Shahbaz Ahmed

      Dear Waseem u find any solution to extend exit re entry visa please kindly
      let me know

      • Lovely Guy

        Sir Main Ek Travel Agent Hoon
        Mere Pass Exit Re Entry Ke Bahot Saare Case Rahte Hain Koi Hay Jo Ye Sab Ke Baare Me Jaanta Hoon Pls Mujhe Contact Kre 9820216548

  • Ali

    Hi Friends, I left KSA on Oct 1, 2014 on exit-reentry but couldn’t return within the stipulated time. My iqama expired somewhere around early days in April 2015. Now as of today i.e. September 23, 2016 what should I do if I want to go back to KSA. Please guide regarding procedure and the best way-out.

  • Mohammed Saleh Al-Jaber

    i want to make 7months exit-reentry for my family is it possible so that i will start process now. Its top urgent please reply me. I have to make today only.

  • Mohammed Abdul Azeem

    For Point No.4 –
    1-What is application format?
    2-Is it online or document?
    3-Where to get this application?
    4-Where to submit it?Online?Personally in MOI?If yes then – Where in MOI?

  • Qaisar Shamim

    if someone have two month exit reentry, is he can able to extend more month from out of kingdom
    please information

  • khyasser

    any one can let me know ,
    i came on vacation on July 5/9/2014 and after 5 month 25/2/2015
    re-entry visa expire. My visa expired now 2 years 6 month
    and my iqama expired Feb 20/4/2015 expired 2years 4month.
    Now i have another new visa with new employer for saudi.
    Is there any problem for visa stamping and entry to saudi?
    I left saudi now more than 3year 1 months
    My iqama expired apral2015.


  • Harold

    can anyone help me to extend the re entry visa of my son. need it urgent..