Sometime it happens that after repeatedly applying for visit visa online, your visa application is getting rejected repeatedly. It happened to one of our readers, Mohammed M. Then upon advise from us, he went and applied for visit visa through Istiqdam and you know what ? He got it in the first attempt. The process is not that difficult if you have all the documents ready.
We thank Mohammed for sharing his experience & the process below:
- Application form to be filled in Arabic except for names of those persons whom you are inviting. These names should as per their passport; if the passport is in English, then the names should be written in English. This form needs to be “stamped” from Chamber of Commerce (CoC). (Click here to download the Application Form for Visit Visa)
- Letter from sponsor which includes your profession as per Iqama and the salary (I will call this Salary Letter). This also needs to stamped by CoC.
- Iqama + Iqama photocopy of Iqama
- Photocopy of your passport
- If you are applying for in-laws, then you need to have the Original passport of Spouse along with Iqama + Iqama copy of your wife.
- If you are applying for in Laws either mother/father or both, then you need to also have the birth certificate of your wife along with translated copy in Arabic.
- If you do not have birth certificate, Duplicate birth certificate letter as per passport details can be obtained from Indian Embassy. I went to Indian Embassy in Batha 2nd floor in Shamshia building, OPP G-Mart beside SABB Bank. It will take up to 5 working days and need 2 passport size photo. The application form (Miscellaneous) is available online and the fees is SR96 + other chargers. So total amount is 118SR. Form2 – For Indian Embassy attached for your reference.
- Once you have this then go to istaqdam and submit the application form + Salary letter + Passport copies (Husband and Wife)+ Iqama copies (Husband + Wife)+ original Iqama of your wife and original passport of your wife. That’s it!! They will issue you a Green and white paper.
- Once they issue green paper, then you need to fill the online application form on MOFA, as you would do for online visa. You can get it filled by Saudi person sitting outside Istiqdam office or at your home.
- After filling it, just take the print out and go to MOFA office. If you want, you can go on the same day. I went within 1 hour to MOFA, and outside the MOFA office filled the Application form online, took print out and along with the Green paper received from Istaqdam, submitted in MOFA. (Make sure you carry the original Iqama with you as the security guard and the officer will check this before allowing you to enter the building).
- Kindly note, Online form – no attestation required. The tracking number will the one given on online application form. No need for CoC.
- Alhamdulillah got the visit visa in 5 working days. This happened in June end, 2014, just before start of Ramadan.
50 riyals – Doing CoC twice @SR 25 each. – One for the Application Form and other for Salary Letter.
Total time taken 2 hours including MOFA.
MOFA – 5 minutes
Istiqdam – 7:30 to 9:00. One and half hour.