There are quite a few number of times when government departments in Saudi Arabia, especially Jawazat require Border Number. A few cases when border number is required are:
1. When you come to Saudi Arabia for first time and you need to make iqama
2. When your family comes to Saudi Arabia for first time and you need to make iqama for them.
3. When you bring your relative/family on visit visa, then you need border number to make payment for Visit Visa Renewal.
We give you two ways to find Border Number – Offline & Online method.
You can find the Border Number written by hand on your passport by the immigration officer at the time of entry into Saudi Arabia. It is usually written on the same page as the visa page. However, sometime, it happens that the immigration officer forgets to write the Border Number on the passport. In such a case, you need to go the Airport to get it written. Or you can try the “Online method shown below. If you are going to the airport, there is a jawazat office in the basement floor (same as parking floor) of the International section.
This method can only be used for those people who have come on visit visa. You can find the Border Number on Ministry of Interior (MOI) website as shown below:
1. Login into your Abshir account by signing in on MOI website.
2. As soon as you login, click “Passports” on the left column.
3. Then click “Extend Visit Visa”
4. Click “Proceed”
5. You can see the Border Number as shown in the below Picture.
You can click “More Details” for more information.